Sunday, March 4, 2012

A little behind...and some Dr. S fun!

I forgot to share these projects we did back during President's Day.  They turned out so cute I just had to share them. We read the book "If I Were President" by Catherine Stier and then wrote what they would do if they were President.  Then they decorated a picture of themselves to look very Presidential.  Here are a couple of the finished projects.

 If he were President, he would make the rules!

She signed her name Mrs. President!  Too cute!


Nice beard!


One of my favorites.  She added red marker to her lips for lipstick! 

So last week was Read Across America week and we celebrated Dr. Seuss' Birthday.  We had a little birthday snack made with these:



Our snack turned out like this and we sang Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss before we ate them!



One of the Kindergarten teachers made some Truffala Trees and decorated her door like the Lorax.  I just couldn't help but share since I thought it turned out so adorable!


Our word family this week was -ink.  We read the book "Oh the Thinks You can Think" by Dr. Seuss and made the cutest book character to write our -ink words on.  I forgot to take pictures of them but I will take some pictures next week and upload the patterns for them.  They turned out super cute!

We read "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss and then cooked up some delicious green eggs and ham of our own.  We graphed our results - if we liked them or not - but had to add a third category:  Liked the ham but not the eggs.  Here are some pictures of our day:





Yum!  We even added some cheese to our eggs.

Of Course, I had to eat them too... Here I am enjoying some Green Ham! Hope everyone had an awesome week.




4 comments:

  1. How were the birthday cake oreos? I have been wanting to try them! And...we just did -ink as our word family last week, too! We are doing -ank and reviewing -ink again next week, so I'd love to see the art project that you did to go with the book. Cute post!

    meganwheeler44@yahoo.com
    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan - The birthday cake oreos were great! The kids loved them. I just posted the patterns for the -ink activity. Hope you can use it!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the If I Were President Craft! An idea I am using for examples of activities in a Text Complexity assignment! I LOVE your girls presidential looks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...